Image credit, Pierre Metivier
It’s just three short weeks until we jet off for our weekend in Paris, and I’m really looking forward to it. The last time I went I was 17 or so, and it was just for the day so I really didn’t have chance to soak up any of the atmosphere.
I’ve been spending some time looking around the internet at the things we most definitely have to do, which of course includes see the Mona Lisa, go up the Eiffel Tower, visit the catacombs, and eat our weight in baked goods.
Photo credit, Morten
I’m not too sure about the fondu place that serves wine in baby bottles, but hey, it could be fun..! I heard that they serve it in baby bottles to bypass a tax that’s on serving wine in glasses.
A short & incomplete list of other things I’m looking forward to:
- Cheese, I hear the French are pretty good at it ;)
- Wine, see above…
- Old buildings
- The colour & light, the photos of Paris always look so pretty
- Bread.. and boulangeries in general!
- Not working for 4 days
- Playing with my new camera lens
- Riding the metro
- The flight (I really like flying, and airports)
- Real Parisian macarons
- Flea markets
- Visiting the Amélie café (we watched the film last weekend, haven’t seen it in YEARS.. so good!)
I’ve been looking at other weekend getaways we could do this year, Stockholm is still really high on my list. I guess we’ll have to see, we might possibly be heading to Australia again at some point, in which case I’d love to make a stop in Hong Kong again or even Singapore!